Attorney Lisa Harvey prides herself on being a tenacious advocate and providing good, practical advice to her clients. Her motto of “always looking out for you” centers on client communication and teamwork to get the best result for her clients.
Attorney Harvey has been practicing law since 1991, as a member of the Bars of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia. Ms. Harvey has practiced in a variety of fields including, but not limited to, civil litigation, business and contract law, family law, employment law (representing both businesses and individuals), personal injury, foreclosure, loan work-outs, real estate, family law, and bankruptcy (representing creditors). She brings this experience to DDCRW’s Domestic Relations, Litigation, and Business Law Departments.
While litigation is not always the best way to effectively resolve a dispute, there are times when it is necessary and required. Attorney Harvey has the experience and knowledge to craft an effective strategy to bring the case to completion. She strives to provide her clients with cost-effective dispute resolutions and solutions. To assist with this goal, she is a certified mediator.
Attorney Harvey prides herself on her attention to detail, strategic thinking ability, and on providing not only sound legal advice but practical guidance as well. In addition to litigation, she assists clients with drafting and reviewing contracts, policies, and procedures. In the employment field, she can assist employers with conducting internal investigations.
She received her B.A. from Mary Washington College in Fredericksburg, VA (now the University of Mary Washington) and her law degree from Suffolk University Law School in Boston, MA. Ms. Harvey is a graduate of Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School and has the honor of being a member of the inaugural class of the school’s Athletic Hall of Fame.
Attorney Harvey is licensed to practice in Massachusetts (1991), Maryland (1997) and the District of Columbia (1997). She is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts (1991), District of Maryland (1999) and the District of Columbia (2000). She also has the honor of being admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court (1996).
Attorney Harvey has received a BV rating from Martindale Hubble. She has been named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” by Boston Magazine for eighteen consecutive years (2004-2021), a “New England Super Lawyer” in 2007, and was distinguished by Boston Magazine as a Top Woman Attorney In Massachusetts in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Attorney Harvey has been a die-hard Patriots fan since she was a young girl and has a 24-year consecutive home game attendance streak – a tribute to her level of commitment to the things that she cares about. She is equally enthusiastic about UConn Women’s Basketball, having followed the team to four of their Final Four appearances. She was also one of the first girls to break the gender barrier in youth ice hockey, playing goalie for the Town of Ipswich’s pee wee hockey team back in the 70’s when there were no girls’ teams in the sport.
Ms. Harvey has strong ties to the Walpole and Franklin communities as well as to the North Shore where she grew up.
- Mary Washington College in Fredericksburg, VA (now the University of Mary Washington), BA
- Suffolk University Law School, JD
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Norfolk County Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Mortgage Bankers Association (MMBA)
- Women’s Success Network (WSN)
- Real Estate Bar Association (REBA)
Admitted to Practice
- Massachusetts (1991)
- Maryland (1997)
- District of Columbia (1997)
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts (1991), District of Maryland (1999) and the District of Columbia (2000)
- United States Supreme Court (1996)
Awards and Honors
- BV rating from Martindale Hubble
- Named “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” by Boston Magazine for sixteen consecutive years (2004-2019)
- Named “New England Super Lawyer” in 2007
- Named Boston Magazine as a Top Woman Attorney In Massachusetts in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Domestic Relations/Divorce Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Premise Liability
- Employment Law (employers/employees)
- Business Law
- Bankruptcy (creditor representation)
- Administrative and Professional Defense
- Insurance Defense