Attorney John G. Dugan focused on probate and family law since 1975, and his practice included estate planning, fiduciary administration, and representation of parties in probate proceedings. He frequently was appointed to serve as a neutral fiduciary or special master in various probate and fiduciary proceedings and qualified by Probate and Family Court as an expert witness in fiduciary matters.
Mr. Dugan has served as a panelist at continuing legal education seminars on probate and fiduciary topics presented by the Massachusetts Bar Association, Suffolk University Law School, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, the Social Law Library, and the Norfolk Bar Association.
He has received Martindale Hubbell’s highest peer review rating of AV Preeminent, Avvo’s highest rating of “superb,” and has been named a Massachusetts “Super Lawyer” every year since 2006.
Mr. Dugan received a Community Service Award for public service to the community from Massachusetts Bar Association and was presented with the Pro Bono Publico Award by the Supreme Judicial Court.
Mr. Dugan is a graduate of Boston Latin School, Holy Cross, and Suffolk University School of Law. He is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Probate Council, the Massachusetts Probate and Family American Inn of Court, the Greater Boston Fiduciary Law American Inn of Court and is a former President of the Bar Association of Norfolk County.
Mr. Dugan plans to continue to be an active member of the bar associations, volunteer with the probate conference, and perform volunteer work at Probate and Family Courts, such as lawyer for the day, etc.
- Suffolk University School of Law, 1975
- Holy Cross College, 1972
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Bar Association of Norfolk County
Bar Associations and Committees
- Member and past chair, Massachusetts Bar Association’s Probate Section
- Past president, Bar Association of Norfolk County
- Past vice president, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Past president, Western Norfolk County Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Greater Boston Fiduciary Law American Inn of Court
- Member, Massachusetts Probate and Family American Inn of Court
Civic Associations and Memberships
- Moderator of the Town of Millis, 1977-2002
- Past president, Millis Little League
- Former member, Board of Directors, Walpole Branch of the YMCA of Greater Boston
Awards and Honors
- Distinguished Service Award, South Middlesex Legal Services
- Community Service Award, Massachusetts Bar Association
- John Adams and John Quincy Adams Pro Bono Publico Award
- Martindale Hubbell’s highest peer review rating of AV Preeminent
- AVVO attorney rating of “superb”
- Boston Magazine Super Lawyer, probate and family law, 2006–2017
- Co-author, “Guardianship and Conservatorship in Massachusetts”, a legal practice text published by Thomson Reuters.