Attorney Brian Salisbury’s practice includes all aspects of divorce and family law, as well as probate and trust litigation. His family law practice includes high-net worth, complex divorces as well as child custody disputes, child support and alimony actions, paternity actions, appeals, and actions for modification and contempt.
Mr. Salisbury’s probate and trust litigation practice includes probating estates, will contests, trust disputes, accounting actions, guardianships and conservatorships. Attorney Salisbury is also a trained Mediator and Parent Coordinator. He was named “Rising Star” in 2015 and 2016 in the area of family law by the rating service Super Lawyers.
Attorney Salisbury also represents organizations and individuals in business, succession planning and litigation matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Salisbury worked as an associate in the domestic relations practice group at Prince Lobel Tye LLP in Boston, where he practiced exclusively in all areas of domestic relation litigation. He also practiced as a litigation associate at Smyth Law Offices in Brockton, with a focus on domestic relations, civil litigation and criminal law.
Before he became an attorney, Mr. Salisbury worked as a financial analyst and cost accountant at BAE Systems, and as a portfolio fund accountant at Putnam Investments.
Mr. Salisbury is active in his community. He currently serves on the Bellingham Zoning Board of Appeals, the Bellingham Planning Board, and he has served on numerous other ad-hoc town committees. Mr. Salisbury is also a member of the Bellingham Business Association and has coached various youth sports teams.
He received an undergraduate degree in financial management with a minor in economics from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. He is a 2006 cum laude graduate of Suffolk University Law School, where he served as an associate note and comment editor on law review and participated in a landlord-tenant clinic representing low-income clients as a Rule 3.03 certified student attorney.
- Suffolk University Law School, JD, 2006, cum laude
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, BBA, financial management, 1997
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Norfolk County Bar Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Greater Boston Family Law Inn of Court
- Bellingham Business Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Association of Guardian ad Litems
Civic Associations and Memberships
- Bellingham Zoning Board, 2016-Present
- Bellingham Planning Board, 2015-Present
- Norfolk County Probate & Family Court Attorneys Representing Children (“ARC”)
- Norfolk County Probate & Family Court Conciliation Program
- Volunteer domestic relations attorney for the Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Volunteer attorney for Settlement and Early Resolution Volunteers, Suffolk Probate and Family Court
- Lawyer of the Day, Norfolk and Middlesex County Probate and Family Court
- Bellingham Lions Club
Awards and Honors
- Named Super Lawyers’ “Rising Star” in 2015 and 2016 in the area of family law
- Rule 8 Certified Conciliator: Probate and Family Court Conciliation Program
- Category D, Guardian ad Litem
- Category F, Guardian ad Litem
- Category V, Parent Coordinator
- Mediator and Conciliator
- Divorce and Dementia: The Perfect Storm of Family, Finances and Cognitive Fitness, October 22, 2020
- Nov. 13, 2014, Panelist, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education webinar “Marital Agreements: Family Law Professional Development Plan Unit 13”
- Domestic Relations
- Probate Litigation
- Trust Litigation
- Parent Coordinator
- Civil Litigation
- Business Law
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes