Michael P. Doherty
Michael P. Doherty
Attorney Michael P. Doherty represents organizations and individuals in business, succession planning and litigation matters, and also assists clients with estate planning, wills and trusts.
Mr. Doherty prides himself on the personal attention he gives to each client, working closely with them to understand their history and goals. This allows him to anticipate his clients’ needs, help them to solve problems in an efficient manner and to avoid future problems.
He guides clients in the negotiation, formation and dissolution of various types of business and employment relationships. Mr. Doherty’s experience encompasses not only business issues, but also litigation in the Superior Court, Land Court and Probate and Family Court concerning construction, business, land, employment, family, will and trust matters.
Mr. Doherty has served as a fiduciary and special administrator in contested estates, and is a trained and experienced mediator who has helped clients solve family and other disputes since 1990.
Mr. Doherty has earned the respect and confidence of his peers. He was honored with Martindale Hubbell’s highest rating of AV and earned a perfect 10 rating by the lawyer referral service Avvo. Mr. Doherty was selected as one of Greater Boston’s top-rated lawyers by AV Preeminent in 2014, and was named a “Super Lawyer” by Boston Magazine, a distinction afforded to the top five percent of attorneys in Massachusetts.
He is a 1987 cum laude graduate of Boston College Law School. Upon graduation, he accepted a judicial clerkship with the Justices of Massachusetts Superior Court.
- Boston College Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1987
- Boston College, 1984
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Bar Association of Norfolk County
Bar Associations and Committees
- Former chairman, Massachusetts Bar Association Probate Litigation Practice Group
- Massachusetts Bar Association Probate Section Council
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Downtown Franklin Partnership
- United Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Milford Area Chamber of Commerce
Civic Associations and Memberships
- Past President, Franklin Education Foundation Inc.
- Past chairman, United Chamber of Commerce Council of Business and Industr
- Former Town of Franklin Board of Assessors
- Past chairman, Town of Franklin Industrial Development Commission
Awards and Honors
- Martindale Hubbell’s highest rating – AV
- “Super Lawyer” by Boston Magazine
- AVVO – perfect 10 rating
- Business Law
- Estate planning
Brenda C. Steele
508-541-3000 ext. 214
Our Office Location
Doherty, Dugan, Cannon, Raymond & Weil, P.C.
Massachusetts Attorneys at Law
124 Grove Street Suite #220
Franklin, MA 02038
Toll Free 508-541-3000