John G. Dugan
John G. Dugan
Attorney John G. Dugan has focused on probate and family law since 1975, and his practice includes estate planning, fiduciary administration and representation of parties in probate proceedings.
He is frequently appointed to serve as a neutral fiduciary or special master in various probate and fiduciary proceedings and is qualified by Probate and Family Court as an expert witness in fiduciary matters.
Mr. Dugan regularly instructs at seminars presented by the Massachusetts Bar Association and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.
He has received Martindale Hubbell’s highest peer review rating of AV Preeminent, Avvo’s highest rating of “superb,” and has been named a Massachusetts “Super Lawyer” every year since 2006.
Mr. Dugan was presented the Community Service Award for outstanding dedication and service to the community by the Massachusetts Bar Association.
He has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Probate and Family American Inn of Court, a small organization of attorneys who specialize in the fields of family and probate law in Massachusetts.
He is also a member of the Greater Boston Fiduciary Law American Inn of Court.
Mr. Dugan, a 1972 graduate of Holy Cross and a 1975 graduate of Suffolk University School of Law, is co-author of the legal text “Guardianship and Conservatorship in Massachusetts,” published by Thomson Reuters.
- Suffolk University School of Law, 1975
- Holy Cross College, 1972
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Bar Association of Norfolk County
Bar Associations and Committees
- Member and past chair, Massachusetts Bar Association’s Probate Section
- Past president, Bar Association of Norfolk County
- Past vice president, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Past president, Western Norfolk County Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Greater Boston Fiduciary Law American Inn of Court
- Member, Massachusetts Probate and Family American Inn of Court
Civic Associations and Memberships
- Moderator of the Town of Millis, 1977-2002
- Past president, Millis Little League
- Former member, Board of Directors, Walpole Branch of the YMCA of Greater Boston
Awards and Honors
- Distinguished Service Award, South Middlesex Legal Services
- Community Service Award, Massachusetts Bar Association
- John Adams and John Quincy Adams Pro Bono Publico Award
- Martindale Hubbell’s highest peer review rating of AV Preeminent
- AVVO attorney rating of “superb”
- Boston Magazine Super Lawyer, probate and family law, 2006–2017
- Co-author, “Guardianship and Conservatorship in Massachusetts”, a legal practice text published by Thomson Reuters.
- Estate Planning
- Wills and trusts
- Family law
- Probate/Fiduciary Litigation
- Probate and Trust Administration
Lynda L. McCarthy
508-541-3000 ext. 253 firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela M. Xayarath
508-541-3000 ext. 254 email@example.com
Our Office Location
Doherty, Dugan, Cannon, Raymond & Weil, P.C.
Massachusetts Attorneys at Law
124 Grove Street Suite #220
Franklin, MA 02038
Toll Free 508-541-3000