Additional information:If a parent refuses to allow the other parent visitation with the child, does the law allow a parent to withhold child support?

No, if a parent is denied court-ordered visitation, he or she does not have the right to withhold child support based on the inability to visit with the child.  Similarly, if a parent refuses to pay child support, the custodial parent does not have the right to withhold court-ordered visitation.  The parent seeking to enforce his or her rights under the court order must file the appropriate action with the probate court.

If you have questions regarding visitation rights or child support terms, contact the Massachusetts family law attorneys at DCDC Law for a consultation. 

Our family law attorneys represent clients throughout Massachusetts and in every county of Massachusetts including Norfolk County, Suffolk County, Worcester County, Bristol County, Middlesex County, Plymouth County, Hamden County, Essex County and Barnstable County. Our family law lawyers represent clients in Massachusetts’ largest communities including the cities of Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Lowell, Cambridge, Brockton, New Bedford, Fall River, Lynn, and Quincy.

Our attorneys are located in Franklin and Medfield and serve the Greater Boston MetroWest region and the neighboring towns of Bellingham, Milford, Upton, Hopedale, Holliston, Medway, Millis, Medfield, Norwood, Walpole, Sharon, Foxborough, Wrentham, Easton, Mansfield, North Attleboro, Norton, Plainville, Raynham, Taunton, Attleboro, Seekonk, Rehoboth, Uxbridge, Whitinsville, and Worcester.