Additional information: My ex obtained a 209A restraining order against me in Worcester district court which grants custody and prevents me from seeing my children.  Do I have to wait until the restraining order expires to see my children?

While the 209A restraining order is in effect, you must follow all of the orders or risk criminal prosecution.  However, although the Worcester district court may issue a 209A restraining order which awards custody to one parent, the probate court may issue an order providing for custody and visitation with the child.  A probate court order for custody and visitation has the effect of superseding the district court order and changing any provisions relating to child custody and visitation.

If you have questions regarding visitation rights or child custody issues, contact the Massachusetts family law attorneys at DCDC Law for a consultation.

Our child custody attorneys serve Worcester County and represent clients throughout Massachusetts.

The Worcester County child custody lawyers at our firm are located in Franklin and Medfield and serve the Greater Boston MetroWest region and the neighboring towns of Bellingham, Milford, Upton, Hopedale, Holliston, Medway, Millis, Medfield, Norwood, Walpole, Sharon, Foxborough, Wrentham, Easton, Mansfield, North Attleboro, Norton, Plainville, Raynham, Taunton, Attleboro, Seekonk, Rehoboth, Uxbridge, Whitinsville, and Worcester.